Controversies in Science and Technology Volume 2: From Climate to Chromosomes explores five of the most controversial scientific issues facing our world today. This collection of informative and engaging essays addresses stem cell research, information technology, space exploration, global warming, and biology and gender. These issues challenge our beliefs about each other, our planet, societal fairness, the concept of "knowing," and the definition of human life itself.
Controversies in Science and Technology Volume 2: From Climate to Chromosomes covers:
- Stem Cell Research – Science, Religion, and Public Policy
- Information Technology – Inequality, Identity, and Invasions of Privacy
- Space Exploration – Reasons and Risks
- Global Warming – Scientific Data, Social Impacts, and Political Debate
- Biology and Gender – Scientific Careers and Scientific Theories